Last updated July 12, 2022
1. Who are we?
2. What data do we collect and why?
We allow you to register and update your profile information on the website. This is to allow you to manage your purchases, comments, etc. on this site. Data provided by you is stored in our database indefinitely.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
The comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
We collect information about you during the checkout process in our store. This information may include but is not limited to, your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details, and any other details that might be requested from you for the purpose of processing your orders.
Handling this data also allows us to:
- Send you important account/order/service information.
- Respond to your queries, refund requests, or complaints.
- Process payments and prevent fraudulent transactions. We do this on the basis of our legitimate business interests.
- Set up and administer your account, provide technical and/or customer support, and verify your identity.
Additionally, we may also collect the following information:
- Location and traffic data (including IP address and browser type) if you place an order, or if we need to estimate taxes and shipping costs based on your location.
- Product pages visited and content viewed while your session is active.
- Your comments and product reviews if you choose to leave them on our website.
- Account email/password to allow you to access your account if you have one.
- If you choose to create an account with us, your name, address, and email address will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
3. Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
This site utilizes caching in order to facilitate a faster response time and better user experience. Caching potentially stores a duplicate copy of every web page that is on display on this site. All cache files are temporary and are never accessed by any third party, except as necessary to obtain technical support from the cache plugin vendor. Cache files expire on a schedule set by the site administrator, but may easily be purged by the admin before their natural expiration, if necessary.
5. Where do we send your data?
- Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
- Email addresses may be managed using an email marketing service called Mailchimp.